Institutional Relationship Manager
Section 1: Position Summary
The Institutional Relationship Manager will be responsible for engaging with employers throughout the state in order to educate them on the Oregon Retirement Savings Plan (ORSP), and help them register for and facilitate the program. Working through the employers, the Institutional Relationship Manager will also help employees understand the benefits of ORSP. The position will be home-based; however, occasional evening and weekend (including overnight) travel throughout the designated region is required.
Section 2: Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist the Board in spreading awareness of ORSP throughout the state.
- Conduct regional information sessions for employers / employees
- Partner with employer groups, trade associations and non-profits to provide information / training
- Help employers understand how to register and facilitate the ORSP
- Help employees understand the benefits of ORSP
- Identify and develop employer and employee success stories for use in program promotion.
- Help build and maintain a strong relationship between Ascensus and the Board.
- Along with the Relationship Manager, represent Ascensus to the Board and other state entities in a highly professional and respectful manner
- Work closely with the Board to understand their goals for ORSP and help them execute initiatives to drive awareness and enrollment
- Attend Board meetings as directed by the Board and Relationship Manager
- Become a state sponsored retirement plan (SSRP) industry expert.
- Serve as an external and internal expert source of SSRP knowledge
- Stay abreast of changes to applicable laws and rules
- Attend and represent ORSP and Ascensus at industry conferences
- Lead and assist in project work as applicable.
- Work with Marketing to develop outreach communication/marketing materials
- Track and report on events, activities and key relationships
- Be mindful and creative in thinking of ways technology can assist the Board in their goals and in tracking success/impact of activities
- Be a valued and trusted team player within the Institutional Relationship Management Team.
- Work with the team Director to understand and implement best practices
- Work with the Relationship Manager to understand client considerations and help build the relationship with the Board
- Work closely with other team members and actively participate in team meetings
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and properly handling all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services experience in sales marketing or client services
- Experience or knowledge of retail IRA products
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses
- Excellent cooperative leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team orientation
- Excellent client services experience
- Moderate travel required (up to 25%)
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Work from home independently
- Willing to work some nights and weekends
- Willing to travel throughout the state and overnight as required
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress