Client Services Team Lead
The Team Leader for Client Services is responsible for the oversight and processing of the financial transactions for designated 529 College Savings Plans assigned to them. This role needs an understanding of many different processes and procedures within the department. The Team Leader must have a strong understanding of the plans assigned to them as well as the software applications utilized to support a transfer agency. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the capability to work in a fast paced environment and able to work through complex transactions. Achieving quality and timeliness service levels mandated by the partners are the core functions of this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor workflow to ensure transactions are completed within timeliness standards which are driven by trade dates and contractual agreements.
- Coordinate staff based on needs.
- Cyclical volume spikes
- Special Projects
- Gaps due to staff being out of the office
Determine training and cross training opportunities for redundancy purposes. Use decision making skills to work through difficult situations and cases.
- Align resources based on skill sets.
- Provide daily/monthly feedback to staff based on quality and productivity metrics.
- Mentor and provide coaching and progression planning.
- Provide training opportunities for staff
- Involve staff in decision making process with regards to team initiatives
- Identify each member’s strengths and weaknesses
- Complete core corporate training and develop solid knowledge of systems and the impact they have on day to day activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert for specific plans.
- Assist staff in working through more challenging issues and escalated cases.
- Recommend improvements to applications, workflows and procedures.
- Ensure staff is working on tasks appropriate to their skill level, identify cross training.
- Constructive suggestions on how to leverage technology to improve quality and/or productivity.
- Perform data processing when needed to assist with peak volume days. The processing includes both financial and non-financial transactions.
- New Account Set Up
- Account Contributions
- Account Disbursements
- Fund Transfer and Exchanges
- Client Correspondence
- Account corrections.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, PC/keyboard proficient, flexible, self-motivated, ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Prior financial service industry experience or Cashiering/Reconciliation experience.
- Series 6 license is preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress