Market Research Analyst, Marketing & Communications
This position is responsible for gathering and analyzing market and user data to deliver actionable insights to the Product, Digital, and Marketing teams. This role will help the company understand how people use financial products and services, what products and services they want, who will buy them, and at what price.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides research consultation to support product, marketing sales, and digital initiatives.
- Utilizes knowledge and marketing experience to design and formulate research initiatives.
- Provides full service consultation and research-based support to product, digital, marketing and sales stakeholders.
- As needed, performs custom research and provides related analytical and statistical support.
- Partners with functional area leaders to develop and implement print and digital product test plans.
- Monitors and analyzes online and other platform site activities and performance measurements such as traffic and enrollment.
- Provides stakeholders with print and digital competitive insights (i.e., pricing, product mix, distribution, etc.).
- Conducts product usability testing and UX research
- Monitors market trends in the savings/coupon space and delivers recommendations for Company growth.
- Presents findings in formal settings to sales staff, management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Creates dashboards, reports, white papers on research topics of business interest to drive growth and competitive differentiation.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Proxy & persona development
- Expertise (or at least working knowledge) of newer online platforms & script-writing specific to web-based research (e.g., the online panels we use)
- Digital analytic platform design (knowing how to set it up)
- At least some experience in social media analyses
- Experience with research purchase, market rates (what things should cost).
- Experience with attribution modeling & regression analyses a plus, but not required
- Experience in social sciences a plus
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Management, Statistics, Quantitative Methods or other related field and minimum of two years relevant quantitative marketing research experience, preferably in direct marketing or ad sales/media environment. Knowledge of major third party suppliers of syndicated data and services preferred, such as Nielsen (PRIZM segmentation and Scarborough), Simmons Research, MRI, Esri (ArcGIS), Omniture, WebTrends, and comScore.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- High degree of comfort with mathematical analyses
- Ability to interface with sales channels, advertisers and all levels of management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Flexible, with the ability to manage concurrent projects with minimum supervision
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress