Senior Software Quality Engineer
Section 1: Position Summary
As a software developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, writing beautiful code by using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns). Passion for all aspects of software development is a critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- As a member of a Scrum team, responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
- Duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyzing, implementing, testing, documenting and maintaining new and current software applications in support of achieving the business goals.
- Assisting in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Supporting people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in systems analysis and application software development.
- Proven organizational, mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Software delivery concepts such as Agile, Scrum, Continuous Integration, etc.
- Microsoft .NET Framework, Java and relational databases
- Test Driven Development practices and automated testing frameworks
- Service Oriented Architecture, single page applications, and distributed computing
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress