Section 1: Position Summary
Manage functions of plan off-boarding from Ascensus. Acts as a Liaison between the client, financial advisor, financial partner and Ascensus. Establish positive working relationship while helping the client through the off-boarding process. Accountable for delivering multiple off-boarding projects on time, within budget, and within project scope.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison between client, financial advisor, alliance partner and Ascensus.
- Manages all elements of off-boarding events and tasks that include detailed needs assessment review, service definition, and coordination with multiple parties.
- Manage deadlines – work within allotted time frames.
- Manages caseload effectively to meet or exceed departmental service goals and partner specific service levels for quality and timelines.
- Communicates implementation plan, including but not limited to, the key objectives and deliverables, scheduling, tracking and reporting to internal and external parties. Assigns and performs tasks to meet service timelines.
- Effectively respond to internal/external customer inquiries via phone and written correspondence.
- Document all verbal and written correspondence appropriately.
- Collaborates with team members to continuously improve processes and in meeting goals.
- Provides input to Management on client issues, escalated potential risks that impact either service satisfaction and/or financial liability.
- Understand off-boarding processes and procedures by participating in regular team meetings.
- Resolves internal and external client issues by responding to all correspondence within communicated timeframe.
- Tracks plan progress through the off-boarding process by monitoring and updating appropriate tracking tools (i.e. Tracker and IMPACT).
- Communicates effectively Ascensus’ needs by using pre-established letters, support material, and email templates.
- Represents Ascensus in a professional manner through use of professional format and tone in verbal and written correspondence.
- Assist supporting PSG units and team in monitoring turnaround times by communicating when your stage has been completed and/or when they need to initiate an action.
- Provides accurate Qualified Plan information to alliances, brokers and clients by attending training sessions and continued self-study.
- Meet expectations of the job by attendance, punctuality as indicated in the employee policy handbook.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity MS-Office software applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, & Visio (familiarity with Access preferred)
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- 2-4 years of industry experience in financial services or retirement services environment. Client services experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually designed and prototypes).
- Excellent presentation skills, telephone etiquette, professionalism and client service skills and time management proficiency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) all levels within the ASCENSUS organization, as well as with our client base.
- Computer literacy with recordkeeping systems and trust systems; and experience with plan reconciliation’s.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Ability to make dependable judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liability for the company.
- Must possess strong facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to escalate issues to appropriate levels within an organization.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress