Position Purpose: Under moderate supervision, performs applications development tasks of moderate to considerable difficulty involving complex business and/or mathematical problems; and performs related functions as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, tests, analyzes, and maintains new and current software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
- Assists in research, design, documentation, and modification of software specifications throughout the software development life cycle.
- Participates in requirements gathering meetings and produces technical documentation as needed.
- Participates in project meetings and assists establishing project timelines and resource requirements as needed.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Required Technical Skills:
- Moderate understanding of the .net Framework and database fundamentals
- C# application development
- T-SQL database development (MS SQL Server and/or Sybase ASE)
Additional Preferred Technical Skills:
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) practices with an automated testing framework
- Language-Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in systems analysis and application programming development
- Proven organizational, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress