Talent Acquisition Consultant
The Talent Acquisition Consultant acts as a strategic consultative partner for assigned client group to facilitate the achievement of staffing objectives. This includes identifying, recruiting and selecting highly qualified candidates. The position will partner with the Director of Talent Acquisition to ensure talent aligns with the company’s business strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide hiring managers with an applicant flow of quality candidates that are a match with
job opening requirements.
• Develops, cultivates and manages relationships with hiring managers to provide service excellence, recruitment expertise and achievement of hiring objectives.
• Conducts intake sessions with internal clients to develop successful candidate performance profiles and understanding of job requisition requirements.
• Schedules and conducts in-depth interviews (in-person, phone, Skype) and communicates with internal and external candidates on interview(s), resume review, etc. outcomes. (Making offers, declines, etc.)
• Create and develop talent pipeline by sourcing ATS, resume databases, professional networking, social media, etc. Partners with Talent Sourcing Specialist.
• Manage and track individual applicant activity accurately and up to date in Applicant Tracking System. Includes response management of all candidates in assigned requisitions (i.e., declines, etc.)
• Follows HR policies and Talent Acquisition standard operating procedures.
• Responsible for assigned Hiring Manager satisfaction, productivity, new hire retention and satisfaction goals.
• Provide guidance, counseling, and education to internal and external Ascensus community about financial services careers through job fairs, career days, and individual counseling.
• Partner within HR to provide seamless delivery of HR services/initiatives to the divisions.
• Assists with HR department projects as assigned.
• Provides back up support of TA Consultant and HR Administrative support related activities during absences.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
• Experience: 0-2 years recruiting experience
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Experience with HRIS and ATS systems required.
• Knowledge in employment law and other compliance regulations required.
• Excellent time management, organizational and written communication skills. A high attention to detail is essential.
• Solid client management and sales skills and ability to handle highly sensitive/confidential information.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills a must. Must be self-motivated, strong problem solver, and detail-oriented.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress