Vice President, Channel Management
Ascensus, the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Relationship Management professional to manage a top tier client. Successful candidate will be part of an amazing organization backed by more than 30 years of experience in the industry that helps over 7 million Americans save for their future.
This position will serve as the focal point for both existing and new Financial Advisor and related Distribution Intermediary Relationships. Responsibilities include: relationship management for these key accounts; contributing to new business growth efforts by providing sales support via dedicated alignment and execution of coordinated sales strategies with the Sales RVPs; and working with the Client Service teams to promote plan retention via ownership, troubleshooting and problem resolution of escalated service issues associated with assigned key accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Foster lasting relationships and promote organic growth with distribution intermediaries through value-added strategic analyses and execution of consultative solutions to further Ascensus’ reputation as a premier provider of retirement plan services.
• Consistently demonstrate a superior level of proactive client focus and team work. Leverage industry knowledge to promote key intermediary satisfaction, leading to client retention and organic growth.
• Partner with the Regional Vice President - Retail Sales teams to provide sales support in the office and in the field, and provide ownership for the resolution of issues escalated by key intermediaries.
• Act as an internal advocate for key intermediaries and their clients by coordinating with internal Ascensus departments.
• Consistently deliver superior service to strengthen relationships and capture a greater share-of-wallet from key intermediaries.
• Review existing book of business to identify plan retention and cross-sell revenue opportunities.
• Offer solutions to enhance the Ascensus experience by optimizing plan design and promoting product features and services.
• Lead and/or participate in projects and initiatives related to the establishment of new key intermediary relationships and the creation of additional value for existing relationships.
• Conduct plan-specific pricing reviews to evaluate profitability and make recommendations for pricing adjustments where appropriate to retain at-risk clients and intermediaries.
• Gather and analyze data associated with non-key intermediaries and conduct outreach activities including call campaigns to build new relationships and gain share of wallet.
• Maintain proficiency with multiple partner products and Ascensus’ proprietary products to effectively manage key relationships across these platforms.
• Maintain proficiency with regulatory, financial, accounting, service, operations and compliance aspects of the relationship management function.
• Serve as Relationship Manager for existing “Tier II” Institutional relationships as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in business or related fields, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ plus years experience in retirement services industry
• Prior experience with direct client/client equivalent relationships within a financial services administrative environment
• Ability to work independently as required, but also work within and contribute to maintaining a highly-cohesive team environment
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with a high level of independence
• Must be detail oriented and be able to produce high quality work within tight time constraints
• Ability to make sound business judgments while effectively balancing client needs and organizational considerations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including group presentation experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to coordinate and run meetings attended by senior-level personnel in both internal and external environments
• Ability to travel as required
• Demonstrated project management skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress