Responsible for General Ledger month end close process (for multiple lines of business) and the preparation and reconciliation balance sheets and income statements in compliance with accounting standard and ensure support for audit purposes. Work with management to support reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead monthly financial close for multiple business lines. Ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, perform account fluctuation analyses and investigate account variances.
- Prepare journal entries and assist the other legal entities as needed, analyzing the P&L, preparing financial statements, completing account analysis, investigating variances.
- Responsible for preparation of all payroll/bonus journal entries including monthly accruals for all divisions.
- Prepare analysis of P&L and balance sheet monthly
- Support of external audit requirements and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting and documentation.
- Prepare and maintain narrative documentation over processes, procedures, and controls.
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition and expense recognition under U.S. GAAP and assist in researching guidance and writing memos to document positions as necessary
- Lead and assist with special projects for management and other financial functions within the department as required.
- Support development of annual operating plan as necessary.
- Work with business leaders to properly track revenue and expenses.
- Work with other department to ensure efficient and effective financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience performing similar responsibilities required.
- Public accounting background preferred
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve overall organizational objectives.
- Experience with General Ledger systems required, Lawson experience highly desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Independent self-starter.
"The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality
First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to
day basis showing your support of our organizational culture."
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress