External Sales Consultant
Section 1: Position Summary
This position will serve as the external liaison for Ascensus Consulting for driving sales with Financial Professionals and strategic alliance platforms to meet assigned sales goals. Responsibilities include driving sales with key Financial Professionals, directly coordinating sales activities for key Plan Sponsor relationships, actively working with Ascensus Consulting Internal and External Sales Consultants to drive Ascensus Consulting sales and marketing.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Strong, in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge.
- Ability to discuss industry trends with Financial Professionals.
- Ability to learn multiple platform/product solutions; assist Financial Professionals with a plan study to ensure the appropriate solution.
- Strong knowledge of key competitors with the ability to highlight our competitive advantages without “negative selling”.
- Establish and maintain productive, working relationships with Financial Professionals with the goal of earning their retirement plan business.
- Coordinate wholesaling efforts with Ascensus Consulting Internal Sales Consultants to maximize coverage and effectiveness.
- Remain current on industry, technical and product knowledge. Complete management reports, expense reports and other special tasks as requested.
- Ability to discuss Fiduciary Solutions, including various mutual fund share classes and impact on plan/cost.
- Ability to discuss in detail operating expenses of investment products, impact of certain share classes on overall “cost” of services to Financial Professionals and Employers.
- Assist existing employers and Financial Professionals in the retention of current business (as needed).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working relationships with strategic partner platforms and DCIO firms to promote our solutions to Financial Professionals.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in the retirement plan industry or 3-5 years’ experience in a business development role in the retirement plan industry.
- Proven successful sales experience of retirement administrative services.
- Superior time management skills required.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment.
- Proficient in PC, CRM and web applications.
- FINRA Series 6 and 63 registered (or ability to obtain).Preferred Professional certification/designations: QKA, ARPS, CRPS.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress