Trust Associate II
Ascensus Trust is responsible for the back office trust processing for plans including processing outgoing distributions, void/stop/reissue of distribution check, and follow up on outstanding checks. This team works closely with internal and external clients to ensure transactions are processed in a timely manner and exceptions are resolved as quickly as possible.
The Trust Associate will support the team in providing a high level of service to both internal and external clients. The Trust Associate will provide timely and accurate processing of specified trust operational activities within the department, focusing on meeting daily/weekly/monthly SLAs. The role also involves understanding trust operational workflows as it relates to the individual role and the Trust operations as a whole.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the skills/competencies as listed below.
• Communication Skills - Communication is primarily with peers and supervisor on specific assigned tasks. Demonstrates ability to clearly articulate and document action taken or action necessary.
• Technical Knowledge - No to minimal ERISA knowledge or job specific technical knowledge required. Basic understanding of assigned tasks underpinning Operational function
• Problem Solving- Effectively solves problems with direction to do so utilizing resources/procedures for a specific process, with a defined resolution.
• Detail Oriented Vs. Big Picture- Generally focuses on details of a specific task related to a process. Focus is entirely task based vs. conceptual.
• Conflict Resolution - Identifies and escalates conflict so that it can be addressed by senior associates and/or leadership.
• Training/Mentoring - New associate that requires training in business function
• Risk Taking/Decision Making - Makes decisions on a participant or plan level transaction based on precedent (assistance may be required).
• Planning/Organizing - Generally plans for current day in order to meet task specific objectives as defined. Generally planning for self only. May require some assistance with department specific task organization.
• Time Management/Prioritization - Works best with a pre-defined schedule or set of existing priorities. Needs assistance dealing with conflicting priorities. Responsibility to manage own tasks.
• Work Style - Requires regular direction. Once direction received, is able to effectively complete tasks and report results.
• Initiative/Work Ethic - Completes daily work as assigned. Will seek out opportunities to assist peers with daily volumes. Will take on additional departmental responsibilities when assigned.
• Timely and accurately process distributions including checks, wires, ACHs and returned checks
• Process Void/Stops/Reissues according to instructions received
• Handle returned checks
• General duties and responsibilities:
• Resolve internal and external client issues by responding professionally to all correspondence within communicated and departmental standard timeframes.
• Meet expectations of job by attendance, punctuality as indicated in the employee policy handbook.
• Provide management reporting as required.
• Achieve service level goals as identified.
• Participate in audit activities and cyclical events as required.
• Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
• Responsible for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First, and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
• Associates degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity MS-Office software applications, including Excel and Word
• Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress