Learning and Development Specialist
Section 1: Position Summary
This position is responsible for collaborating with business units/functions/divisions to determine functional or technical learning needs in support of organizational goals. Solutions will address technical and functional skills or knowledge relating to systems, process, procedures, or workflow.. Based on needs analysis, this position will work with subject matter experts to develop and implement learning solutions that measurably improve performance.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with department leaders/managers, project leaders, and subject matter experts to identify performance improvement and development opportunities at the role or team level.
- Design learning curriculum with a long term view of learning needs.
- Develop training programs using sound instructional design principles and in a variety of formats including classroom, virtual-webinar, self-paced, and e-learning.
- Evaluate modes of delivery to ensure training is engaging, practical yet impactful, and cost effective.
- Maintain and update training curriculum and course material to reflect most current product/service offerings, training concepts, and policies and procedures.
- Research innovative design and delivery approaches to remain relevant.
- Facilitate programs using sound adult learning methods. Facilitation may include but is not limited to delivery via on-site, telepresence (video conference), or virtual classroom/webinar methods.
- Create valid assessment tools to measure learning, knowledge retention, and performance.
- Schedules and coordinates learning activities.
- Supports and maintains the Learning Management System as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in learning and development or a related field (or the equivalent combination of education and experience).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in training facilitation and instructional design in a corporate environment, addressing functional and technical training needs.
- Experience in a financial services, operations environment preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in building and managing eLearning and online training content using authoring tools or similar applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including instructional, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Sound analytical and interpretive skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Willingness to travel 20% – 50% per year.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress