Accounts Payable Specialist
Support the Corporate Finance mission by being a highly qualified professional who adheres to departmental and corporate procedures while processing vendor and employee travel and entertainment payments.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assign complete and accurate invoice coding in the MHC (Lawson interfacing) accounts payable system.
- Ensure accuracy of data input and adherence to departmental and corporate procedures.
- Review employee T&E reports for adequate documentation and compliance with existing T&E policy.
- Serve as a centralized point of contact for employee questions related to the Concur T&E portal.
- Identify areas of weakness and recommend enhanced procedures/controls to ensure high quality process output.
- Coordinate payment to vendors and employees via check/ACH/Wire.
- Complete annual tax reporting for vendor payments (1099-MISC).
- Maintain banking information in Lawson for electronic payments.
- Perform vendor maintenance (in Lawson/MHC/Concur), including new vendor setup.
- Process daily positive pay upload file and review any exceptions.
- Provide specialized payment processing and reporting for independent consultants (TBC).
- Meet or exceed pre-established weekly, monthly, and annual processing deadlines and timelines.
- Provide timely support to associates who request assistance with audit requests.
- Monitor stale dated checks and complete related escheatment process.
- Reconcile payables related ledger accounts
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Associate’s degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2-3 years business experience, preferably in financial services and/or payables processing.
- Detail oriented with strong time management skills.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc).
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress