Senior ETL Developer
Section 1: Position Summary
As a Senior Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation). Passion for all aspects of software development is a critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software. You will receive direction and guidance from the ETL Architect and you will provide direction and guidance to ETL Developers in the Ascensus Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ETL Design and Development
- Design, code and modify ETL solutions and database applications including data warehouses and data marts
- Tune ETL solutions and database applications for optimum performance
- Support interface development and database integration efforts
- Apply standards and best practices for implementing Ascensus ETL tools in support of the EIM vision and reference architecture
- Assist with EIM project definition and planning
- Implement package deployments and troubleshoot package issues
- Modify, install and prepare technical documentation for ETL applications
- Create and maintain ETL documentation for every System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phase
- Ascensus Information Security
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Required skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening. Asking appropriate questions, clarifying information and writing clear, concise documents.
- Experience with either of the following software stacks:
- Experience with IBM Pure Data Analytics (PDA) also referred to as Netezza or dashDB.
- Experience using recent versions of IBM Infosphere DataStage suite of tools.
- Experience using recent versions SQL Server Analytics Platform System (APS), formerly Parallel Data Warehouse (PDW)
- Experience using recent versions of Microsoft SSIS
- Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in ETL role, including data warehousing and ETL tools, techniques and technology
- IBM or Microsoft Certified Solution Expert in the above required skills
- Experience with Linux and Hadoop Framework
- Experience with relational databases: Sybase ASE, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with modeling normalized and de-normalized data structures using IDERA’s Embarcadero ER/Studio Data Architect
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress