Section 1: Position Summary
As an Extract Transform and Load (ETL) Architect at Ascensus, you will provide direction and definition for the ETL strategy and guide the implementation of the ETL architecture, design, development and operations. You will provide direction and guidance to the ETL Development Scrum teams. You will be part of the Ascensus Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ETL / Data Warehouse Management
- Develop technical standards and specifications addressing performance, security and orchestration of ETL and data warehouse management
- Provide guidance and direction on data warehouse management best practices and procedures
- ETL Architecture
- Provide direction and definition of ETL strategy and delivery
- Lead effort of delivering ETL solutions and platform
- ETL Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the Ascensus Architecture Review Board
- Standards and best practices for implementing Ascensus ETL tools in support of the EIM vision and reference architecture
- Assist with EIM project definition and planning
- ETL Design and Development
- ETL Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Ascensus Development Scrum teams.
- Implement package deployments and troubleshoot package issues
- Modify, install and prepare technical documentation for ETL applications
- Create and maintain ETL documentation for every System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phase
- ETL Operations
- ETL SME for operational support teams including Database Administration (DBA) and Ascensus Record Keeping (RK) Helpdesk
- ETL administration functions:
- Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment for business notification.
- Provide Level 2/Level 3 support for escalated ETL server issues.
- Monitor program execution for expected performance.
- Monitor systems capacity and performance, plan and execute disaster recovery procedures.
- Perform backup, upgrades, set up security roles and users, and troubleshoot by understanding the various log messages
- Participate in creating long term ETL application support model.
- Ascensus Information Security
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Required skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening. Asking appropriate questions, clarifying information and writing clear, concise documents.
- Experience with IBM Pure Data Analytics (PDA) also referred to as Netezza.
- Experience using recent versions of IBM Infosphere DataStage suite of tools.
- Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 10 - 14 years of relevant experience in ETL role, including data warehousing and ETL tools, techniques and technology
- IBM Certified Solution Expert in the above required skills
- Experience with Microsoft SSIS, Linux
- Experience with relational databases: Sybase ASE, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with IBM dashDB and Hadoop Framework
- Experience with modeling normalized and de-normalized data structures using IDERA’s Embarcadero ER/Studio Data Architect
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress