Section 1: Position Summary
This position provides operational support to the Sales team by maintaining the integrity of the CRM and IRA direct systems and creating and processing the various documents needed to support the Sales team.
This position is responsible for resolving technical or procedural discrepancies brought to their attention, providing quality control with files, documents and forms being entered or pulled from Ascensus tools and products, maintaining system integrity, and demonstrating quality customer service to internal and external clients.
This position is responsible for escalating any compliance or procedural discrepancies.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- This position requires basic proficiency in IRA, ESA and HSA knowledge and compliance issues and the use of the IRAdirect System. This position requires a basic knowledge of IRA administrative and operational processes. The coordinator is also responsible to promote the expansion of Ascensus products in the marketplace where appropriate.
- Maintain basic knowledge of all products and services offered throughout Ascensus, and any new products introduced within the market place that would benefit clients. Take advantage of opportunities to identify and cross-sell other Ascensus products.
- Ascensus contact for receiving client information via transmission, file transfer and fax protocols. Monitor and resolve issues due to errors.
- Communicate with clients or internal teams regarding file errors and troubleshoot for resolution or replacement.
- Accountable for maintaining the integrity of the client information within CRM that is used for reporting, marketing and sales.
- Ascensus first point of contact for due diligence and vendor questionnaire requests from current and potential clients.
- Place proactive calls to offer assistance and education to support client retention level standards.
- Perform research and problem solving/resolution support to the team, internal clients and external clients.
- Initiate and accept additional duties as necessary to exceed client expectations.
- Act as client advocate and take necessary steps to exceed service standards to manage client retention/growth.
- Demonstrate leadership responsibilities by assuming key project responsibilities as assigned while maintaining base job assignments; assist with product/service development.
- Process forms received into the CLIFF/Document Manager system as assigned. Follow guidelines established within standard operating procedures with a high degree of accuracy.
- Generate communication to external clients as needed to share or gather file specification information.
- Manage deadlines – work within allotted timeframes.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, review and analyze discrepancies and questionable procedures within the unit and division and enhance processes as needed.
- Maintain the integrity of information in all internal/external standard operating procedures and reference guides.
- Recognize and adhere to service levels.
- Prepare/review reports for internal and/or external use as requested.
- Work with other teams and department members to suggest and incorporate process efficiencies into procedures.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements to processes identified through daily work with customers, internal operations teams and vendors.
- Identify and respond to client issues in a manner consistent with quality customer service. Recognize and anticipate problems and take appropriate actions, escalate and report as needed.
- Respond to all internal and external communications and log accordingly to ensure quality customer service is provided.
- Demonstrate quality behaviors by maintaining a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Contribute to Overall Success:
- Follow all department procedures meeting assigned service standards.
- Recognize growth opportunities and streamline efficiencies.
- Provide management with feedback/solutions to avoid errors and provide better service.
- Assist manager with product/service development.
- Support development of team by actively participating in team initiatives
- Assist team with special projects and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Attend training and development sessions
- Increase industry knowledge and the relationships and business procedures within Ascensus
- React positively and help implement change
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Associate Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with IRA, HSA and ESA compliance preferred.
- Strong computer efficiency required. Proficiency in MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Project coordination experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A minimum of 2-3 years customer service experienced required
- Very strong attention to detail
- Very strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities and coordinate a changing workload on a daily basis
- Must be able to work within deadlines
- Ability to work overtime as necessary, including weekend and/or holiday hours for peak season needs.
- Must be able to react to change positively and productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Ability to travel
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress