Director, Product Management/Development
Ascensus, the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Product Management/Development professional to lead a department and focus on developing market research to drive the lifecycle of key products and services. Research will include data collection, on-line investigating, client and Ascensus staff interviews and others. In addition, selected candidate will coordinate with product managers to create new offerings, modify current offerings and potentially sunset services based on client needs and demands.
Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Coordinate with Product Managers to develop an evolving 3-year product and service roadmap.
- Collaborate with internal business areas and client feedback to develop voice of the client feedback into actionable items that address gaps in our offerings.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and marketplace trends by market segment and identify key trends and sales opportunities. Inclusive of presenting this data in a meaningful manner to management groups.
- Publish product metrics dashboard to promote product and service success against proposed ROI and maintain on-going profitability.
- Coordinate with various area leaders to provide direction consistent with product roadmap.
- Manage all stages of the product development process (including the development of a formal business plan) – concept, evaluation, product specifications, technology development, communications, training and product launch, and on-going metrics.
- Participate in the strategic planning process to identify and define product and service opportunities and strategies for service differentiation.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional teams in delivering product and service initiatives.
- Participate and support management in development of annual revenue and expense budgets.
- Responsible to motivate and mentor the product management team.
Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or comparable area
- Minimum of 10 years in product development or product management experience with proven track record in product pricing and positioning.
- Proven track record of product launch initiatives with proven record of success.
- Demonstrated people leadership and management skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to present ideas in a large group setting effectively.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to think strategically about market trends, client needs and product and service design.
- Strong project management skills and an ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of financial services sector with emphasis on retirement or health savings account markets.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress