Position Purpose: Responsible for the transitional accounting of recently acquired entities. Work with the Director of Accounting and Ascensus Controller to support reporting and analysis and lead special projects. Work with integration team to assist in integrating the accounting function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead monthly financial close for acquired companies and create workpaper templates and best practices to transition to accounting staff
- Assist with integration of acquired business to corporate accounting function and coordinating with other areas
- Responsible for cash to U.S. GAAP conversion of target companies
- Responsible for coordinating with independent valuation firm and gathering information from acquired entity.
- Assist management team in due diligence for target companies.
- Prepare journal entries and assist the other legal entities as needed, analyzing the P&L, completing account analysis, investigating variances.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, perform account fluctuation analyses and investigate account variances.
- Design and ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Work with other departments to properly track and record expenses. Review and validate the coding of vendor invoices.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Perform accounting research as necessary and document conclusions
- Support external audit requirements and work directly with auditors
- Lead special projects for management and other financial functions within the department as required.
- Assist in implementation of revenue recognition standard across organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience in accounting
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and fluid environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Travel required – 25%
- Independent self-starter.
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, specifically revenue recognition
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve overall organizational objectives.
- Experience with General Ledger systems required, Lawson experience highly desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
"The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality
First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to
day basis showing your support of our organizational culture."
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress