Training Consultant – Retirement Plan/IRA
Section 1: Position Summary
The Training Consultant is responsible for design and delivery of IRA training programs and products that meet both internal and external customer needs. This position works closely with IRA compliance and legal resources to ensure that training programs comply with federal and state IRA regulations. This position is also responsible for providing technical and operational assistance to the Customer Response Team during tax season. The position also provides ongoing technical support to 1-800 consulting clients through-out the year.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Design and develop IRA training programs and products.
- Identify appropriate instructional methodologies and delivery methods to meet identified needs.
- Develop new training programs including curriculum and development of training materials, learning activities and supporting A/V needs.
- Continually evaluate and recommend improvements for existing training programs.
- Consult with IRA compliance, legal, and operational staff to ensure that training programs accurately represent IRA regulations and Ascensus processes.
Deliver IRA training to external customers.
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical and compliance expertise.
- Deliver IRA training covering complex legal and taxation issues for customers in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate effective presentation skills and professional demeanor.
- Provide advanced compliance training and consultation to external customers.
- Capitalize on cross-selling opportunities and manage expenses to allocated budget.
Assess marketplace needs for IRA training.
- Monitor, collect and analyze data from surveys, focus groups, evaluations, customer feedback, error analysis, etc.
- Consult with Training Manager Product Management, and other consultants on appropriate training solutions in response to customer inquiries..
- Review Compliance Support Specialist responses to customer inquiries to identify coaching and training needs.
Provide customer support through the Customer Response Center and 1-800 consulting lines.
- Provides customer support through the IRA Customer Response Center. When necessary, provides technical and operational assistance to answer inquiries from customers during the IRA tax season by maintaining operational expertise, determining customer needs, analyzing situations, explaining federal and state regulations, and recommending appropriate actions to assure compliance.
- Provide technical support through-out the year by staffing the 1-800 Consulting phone lines.
Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Drives own professional development. Responsible for achieving and maintaining appropriate professional certifications. Participates in internal and external learning opportunities, professional reading, mentoring, etc. to grow as training professional.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, preferably in Adult Education, Business or Communications; or equivalent trade-off in related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience training adults in a technical or regulatory field
- Identifies and implements improvement opportunities that make job tasks or processes more efficient, benefiting the organization and customers.
- Identifies and gathers necessary information to achieve business goals.
- Proactively identifies and acts on problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience with adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated integrity while working with customers.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in problem resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, WebEx, and other Windows-based programs
- Demonstrated product knowledge, including expertise in IRA
- Demonstrated interest in professional development
- Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 50% annually
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress