Fixed Asset Accountant
Position Purpose: Responsible for fixed asset accounting for all divisions. Responsible for tracking internal labor and external project spend and ensuring capitalization policies are followed. Responsible for preparation and reconciliation of balance sheets and income statements in compliance with accounting standards and ensure support for audit purposes. Work with management to support reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record fixed asset additions and disposals in Lawson Asset Management module
- Track the project costs for developed software
- Coordinate with project/program managers to place projects into service once completed and track status
- Ensure appropriate capitalization under U.S. GAAP and assist in researching guidance and writing memos to document positions as necessary.
- Work with Director of Accounting to ensure appropriate capitalization policies and methodology is followed
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets in Lawson Asset Management module
- Prepare journal entries monthly for accruals (internal and external labor, etc.)
- Coordinate with project/program managers to ensure monthly reporting is complete and accurate.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations monthly for all companies
- Responsible for coding capital invoices to the general ledger through the PO system
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for management
- Conduct annual reviews of fixed asset impairment
- Coordinate with business to ensure proper disposal of assets
- Coordinate with tax department for monthly reporting of activity
- Support of external audit requirements and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting and documentation.
- Prepare and maintain narrative documentation over processes, procedures, and controls.
- Lead and assist with special projects for management and other financial functions within the department as required.
- Support development of annual capital plan as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 3 years experience performing similar responsibilities required.
- Public accounting background preferred
- Ability to work within tight timeframes.
- Experience with capitalized software
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve overall organizational objectives.
- Experience with General Ledger systems required, Lawson experience highly desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Independent self-starter.
"The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality
First and Integrity Always should be visible in your actions on a day to
day basis showing your support of our organizational culture."
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress