Senior Linux Administrator
The Sr. Systems Administrator will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of critical production projects within the Ascensus College Savings Unite Platform. This role involves hands-on work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows (OS/AD/RDS), Enterprise storage systems such as NetApp and Pure Storage, VMware vSphere, JBoss EAP/EWS, MySQL, advanced shell and Perl scripting/CGI, Amazon Web Services, and Configuration Management (Chef/Jenkins). The Sr. Systems Administrator will be expected to exceed our aggressive service levels for both day-to-day internal operations and external service availability, while always striving to improve process and execution. This role also acts as technical mentor to Team members, and general Technologist to the greater IT Organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fix: Resolve internal and external issues quickly, efficiently, and with an emphasis on comprehensive solutions over temporary fixes.
- Implement:As new business requirements are introduced, the Sr. Systems Administrator will work closely with the Manager of Systems Administration to design, validate, and implement new system models. There is a strong focus on stability, security, and build repeatability.
- Automate:The Sr. Systems Administrator will be tasked with writing scripts, building tools, and implementing new solutions to improve workflow. Automation and configuration management are leveraged heavily to control promotion between environments
- Audit:All Operations staff are expected to be vigilant about change control and documented process. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be involved in system monitoring and anomaly detection to ensure compliance with audit requirements.
- 5 years administrating Red Hat Linux, Apache, and Java middleware in an enterprise environment
- 5 years overseeing and implementing systems and storage projects
- Participation in 24x7 oncall rotation
Essential Skills / experience:
- Configuration Management (Chef/Puppet)
- Nagios and Mon monitoring tools
- NetApp storage device management
- Dell hardware management
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about technology and enthusiastic about its role in creating business solutions
- Ability to work cohesively within a team and build positive relationships across a large IT organization
- Cisco Networking (Router/Switch/Firewall) is a plus
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress