Installation Administrator - Temporary Associate
Support client onboarding processes to ensure key deliverables are met for plan implementation and payroll setup. Participate in plan setup to ensure timely and accurate transition of financial and demographic data. Provide superior service to clients by following established processes and procedures for the payroll setup and plan installation support functions.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Manage assigned tasks effectively to meet or exceed departmental service goals and partner specific service levels for quality and timeliness.
- Provide timely and professional verbal and written communication to both internal and external parties for both payroll setup and plan installation support.
- Coordinate and education external clients on the appropriate payroll submission method and reporting tools we have available for use. Coordinate proper setup for vendor submission files and work with payroll vendors as applicable.
- Creates key components of plan implementation, including (but not limited to): plan staging of key plan setup events, preparation of materials for client distribution, and quality control audits.
- Performs updates to various internal tracking systems to ensure accurate tracking of installation milestones.
- Monitors internal department’s completion of tasks, within the implementation plan, by the scheduled date.
- Collaborates with team members to continuously improve implementation processes.
- Provides input to Installation Coordinator and Management on potential client issues or implementation delays.
- Proactively escalates potential risks to appropriate leadership staff that impact either service satisfaction and/or financial liability.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the skills/competencies as listed below.
- Communication Skills - Communicates regularly with both peers and colleagues in other business units. Demonstrates ability to document procedures that are clear and easy to understand. Effectively communicates with clients on specific tasks.
- Technical Knowledge - Functional ERISA knowledge or job specific technical knowledge required. Demonstrates in depth understanding of assigned tasks underpinning operational function and understanding at a high level of concepts behind them.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and solves problems utilizing resources/procedures for a specific process, with a defined resolution. Occasionally takes ownership of problems with undefined resolutions based on knowledge of concepts.
- Detail Oriented Vs. Big Picture - Understands conceptual the impacts of decisions across business division and communicates implications to team leadership where appropriate.
- Conflict Resolution - Addresses conflicts with team as well as effectively escalating cross team conflict so that senior associates and/or leadership can address.
- Training/Mentoring - Trains a peer on a new or existing process/procedure and understands the conceptual underpinnings of the tasks they are training other on.
- Risk Taking/Decision Making - Independently makes decisions on participant or plan level transactions and recognizes new "outside the box" situations and escalates those appropriately.
- Planning/Organizing - Generally plans 1-2 days in advance in order to meet specific tasks and departmental goals as defined. Generally planning for self only and potential back-up as needed. Organized so that specific items can consistently be retrieved quickly.
- Time Management/Prioritization - Familiar with overall set of priorities for the department. Does not often need assistance with conflicting priorities to ensure all deliverables are met. Responsibility to manage own tasks.
- Work Style - Works well independently and occasionally takes lead in a team environment. Is able to communicate their expertise for the benefit of the larger work team.
- Initiative/Work Ethic - Completes daily work as assigned and will routinely assist peers with daily work to ensure deliverables are met. Proactively seeks out opportunities for additional departmental work.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of industry experience in financial services or retirement services environment.
- Strong operational background, demonstrating experience working in high paced environment.
- Basic knowledge base of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization.
- Outstanding computer literacy with recordkeeping systems and trust systems.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to work overtime to meet the needs and cyclical trends of the business organization.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress