Section 1: Position Summary
As a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation). Passion for all aspects of software development is a critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software. You will receive direction and guidance from the BI Architect and the Senior BI Developer and you will be part of the Ascensus Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- BI Analysis
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators
- Provide analytics and reporting solutions using metrics across multiple business areas
- BI Design and Development
- Apply standards and best practices for implementing Ascensus BI tools in support of the EIM vision and reference architecture
- Create BI solutions using a multitude of internal and external data sources
- Capture, develop and document data definitions
- Ensure compliance with deliverable reporting requirements by performing data quality audits and analysis
- Implement package deployments and troubleshoot package issues
- Modify, install and prepare technical documentation for Cognos applications
- Create and maintain BI documentation for every System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phase
- Participate in creating long term BI application support model.
- Ascensus Information Security
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Required skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening. Asking appropriate questions, clarifying information and writing clear, concise documents.
- Modeling experience with Framework Manager for Cognos 10.x or higher
- Administration experience using Cognos 10.x or higher
- Design/Building cubes with Cognos 10.x or higher
- Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing and business intelligence tools, techniques and technology
- Experience with Cognos TM1
- IBM Certified Administrator or IBM Certified Solution Expert in the above required skills
- Experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage, Microsoft SSIS, Linux and SPSS a plus
- Experience with relational databases: Sybase ASE, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL and others a plus
- Experience with analytics platforms: Netezza, dashDB, Apache Spark, Sybase IQ and others a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress