Sr UX Strategist
Section 1: Position Summary
The Sr. UX Strategist position primary responsibility is to lead the UX design efforts for tactical Marketing UX teams as we engage with business to further build out, refactor and enhance our user experiences. Strong analytical and project management skills are a must as the Sr. UX Strategist will collect and assimilate customer and SME data to guide design, ensure that User Experience teams align their direction with their organization’s business plan, facilitate strategic, customer-centric decision making and reach across the enterprise to build relationships that help the UX design effort succeed. The role includes partnership with other departments and external constituents including: Design, Sales, Relationship Management, Client Service, Product Development and Management, external agencies and Ascensus’ institutional partners.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the UX vision and create UX strategies to solve for existing business needs and future growth
- Contribute to the drive to advance user-centric design practices within the company.
- Leverage existing Sitecore technology best-practices and functions to influence IT development processes as we refactor experiences.
- Develop a picture of the full legacy Ascensus ecosystem in order to identify opportunities to help retire technical debt through future projects
- Work across business units and departments.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative user research and synthesize customer data from many sources to identify opportunities and recommend user-centric design directions with an eye towards both feasibility and economy.
- Identify user requirements to shape and prioritize future site enhancements.
- Connect design strategy to business results.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Position will report to Director of Marketing Technology
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 5-7 years of digital design experience specifically in financial services, ideally with a strong concentration in retirement products and services
- Degree in Marketing, Design or related field or work equivalent required
- Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign
- Experience working within an Agile development environment, with prior experience working in IT a big plus
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Effective communications and presentation skills
- Ability to develop tactical solutions to strategic initiatives and manage a large workload efficiently including mentoring staff and managing shifting priorities
- Ability to work within a team effectively and willingness to partner and develop strong relationships with other business units within the company toward the end of creating a collaborative environment
- Delivery of solutions consistent with Ascensus’ I-Client philosophy
- Strong business sense and attention to detail particularly with regard to program logistics and budget considerations
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress