Client Relationship Manager
This position will serve as the focal point for both existing and new Client Relationships. Responsibilities include relationship management for these key accounts, contributing to new business growth efforts by providing sales support, and working with the consultant coordinators and recruiters to promote client retention.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Foster lasting relationships and promote organic growth with clients through value-added strategic analyses and execution of consultative solutions to further TBC’s reputation as a premier provider of benefit education services.
- Consistently demonstrate a superior level of proactive client focus and team work. Leverage industry knowledge to promote key client satisfaction, leading to client retention and organic growth.
- Partner with the VP to provide sales support in the office and in the field, and provide ownership for the resolution of issues escalated by key clients.
- Act as an internal advocate for clients and their clients by coordinating with internal Ascensus departments.
- Consistently deliver superior service to strengthen relationships and capture a greater share of meetings from key clients.
- Lead and/or participate in projects and initiatives related to the establishment of new client relationships and the creation of additional value for existing relationships.
- Gather and analyze data associated with clients and conduct outreach activities including call campaigns to build new relationships with our client’s account teams.
- Maintain proficiency with regulatory, financial, accounting, service, operations and compliance aspects of the relationship management function.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ plus years’ experience in benefits industry
- Series 6 or 7 and 63 SEC license required; Series 26 or 24 preferred
- Prior experience with direct client/client equivalent relationships within a benefits environment
- Ability to work independently as required, but also work within and contribute to maintaining a highly-cohesive team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a high level of independence
- Must be detail oriented and be able to produce high quality work within tight time constraints
- Ability to make sound business judgments while effectively balancing client needs and organizational considerations
- Ability to manage escalated calls professionally and effectively to resolution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including group presentation experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to coordinate and run meetings attended by senior-level personnel in both internal and external environments
- Ability to travel as required
Demonstrated project management skills
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress