Section 1: Position Summary
The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for working with the Marketing Manager to ensure initiatives are on-target and running smoothly. Marketing services are required for the Ascensus Corporate brand (B2B), our proprietary products (Ugift and 529 Quickview), 32 separate and distinctly branded 529 college savings plans, and several ABLE savings plans. Each requires a different level of service, ranging from recordkeeping only (transactional forms, legal documents, fulfillment, etc.) to full service (marketing plans, media campaigns, emails, direct mails, websites, events, grassroots efforts, transactional forms, legal documents, etc.).
The Marketing Coordinator will gain exposure to all facets of the marketing process, particularly planning, project management, distribution and implementation, and measurement. The coordinator will interact with internal clients as well as an external marketing agency.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your s Schedule and traffic marketing projects using online management system
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure all edits are properly incorporated and final approvals obtained and stored
- Assist with print production, including gathering pricing and estimates, sending files to print, approving proofs, and researching fulfillment options
- Monitor fulfillment reports, including inventory levels, reordering as necessary, conducting periodic reviews of inventory to keep up to date, entering orders as necessary
- Participate in email production process, including scheduling with vendor, preparing links documentation, reviewing test files, requesting lists, and reviewing measurement
- Participate in web production process including preparing and submitting scope documents, reviewing changes in staging and production environment
- Pull campaign measurement, help prepare periodic updates on the progress toward goals and results of marketing efforts to clients
- Monitor competitor marketing efforts.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the Relationship Management team.
- Understand and uphold the marketing process (approvals, web updates, email development, timelines, etc.)
- Support of our organizational culture.
- Understand and advocate both our corporate, 529 college savings, and ABLE plan brands
- Participate in RFP response preparation and production as necessary
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience, preferably in a marketing position
- Excellent listener who can understand what is expected of them and follow up accordingly
- Project management abilities
- Fast learner who is flexible and able to respond to frequently changing business needs
- Highly motivated, proactive, resourceful with ability to interact effectively with all teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills and phenomenal attention to detail – must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who will be proactive in managing the details of multiple projects--ability to work independently and drive projects through completion
- Strong communication skills required to work effectively with internal and external clients and with all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Solid understanding of the marketing communications process
- Must enjoy working in a high-pressure environment with daily deadlines and many demands on your time
- Must display exceptional client service and positive attitude
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress