Finance Sr Project Manager - Integration management
Section 1: Position Summary
The Sr. Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple simultaneous Finance integration projects that range in size and complexity as well as the resources required to accomplish them. Expectations of the role include coordination and optimization of projects, procedures and resources to obtain the maximum control and benefits available. This role manages the integration efforts of acquired businesses, specifically the Accounting and Finance Operations processes. This role will manage integration projects working with associates at Ascensus business units and at the acquired businesses to transition multiple functions into existing Ascensus processes.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead integration projects to align financial reporting and operations with corporate and segment level business requirements. This includes, but is not limited to, billing, collections, fee processing, accounting, accounts payable and treasury related integration efforts.
- Lead Accounting integration efforts which may include a conversion form cash or modified cash basis reporting to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Collect and organize financial data to be used for tracking against valuation model assumptions around synergy initiatives working with associates in various departments.
- Coordinate customer, vendor and provider notices and related processes around payment direction and invoice submission respectively.
- Perform mapping of chart of accounts, billing items and monthly general ledger transactions from acquired company system to Ascensus system during the integration period.
- Perform detailed reviews of accounts receivable aging at customer level and collect customer level collections information.
- Collect data and draft working capital, revenue, earn-out and claw-back calculations in accordance with purchase agreement.
- The associate in this role will be expected to leverage legacy accounting and billing systems, Lawson and TM1 for financial and operational data.
- Document existing operational workflows and integration procedures for accounting and business practices.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Project Management Duties
- Identifies opportunities to optimize resources and work effort through appropriate planning
- Collaborating with others, create overall project delivery strategy and project plans using information obtained from the due diligence process
- Successfully fulfills the responsibilities of an project manager including these major duties -
- Creates and maintains an accurate and comprehensive project plan.
- Defines appropriate resources for project execution.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating project scope, schedule, milestones and resources needs.
- Identifies, communicates and resolves project issues effectively.
- Oversees and directs the project team and manages any conflicts that arise.
- Reports the progress, as well as the challenges, to stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner
- Designs and maintains an appropriate level of project documentation.
- Manages the work and the team to the schedule, ensuring the focus on current and upcoming activities
- Working with project team members executes the successful implementation of the project
- Provides clear and concise communication, both orally and in writing, to various levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Acts as a liaison between Integration Management Team (IMT), Integration Project Team (IPT) team and project team members
- Models the Ascensus core values and displays leadership qualities including collaboration, dedication, openness, creativity, fairness and assertiveness.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and client service aptitude.
- Lends expertise and guidance to internal teams.
- Recognizes areas for internal integration project improvement (lessons learned) and develops plans for implementing them.
- Responsible to provide oversight and guidance ensuring sound business decisions produce highest value results within project timeline constraints.
- Performs project assessment and evaluations.
- Complies with company and units policies and procedures and assists others in adhering.
- Conducts and publishes the results of lessons learned at the conclusion of each integration project.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated success in Finance and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 2-4 years of Ascensus experience or equivalent retirement or financial services experience preferred
- Prior business integration experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to lead diverse groups and businesses of varying sizes to achieve common objectives.
- Knowledge of PC applications including MS Office products. Intermediate or advanced spreadsheet and database skills required.
- Ability to create and maintain project documents including project plan using Project Management applications.
- Travel up to 40% required (3-5 days per trip)
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress