Section 1: Position Summary
This position will be responsible to assist with the preparation of financial analysis for the Ascensus College Savings division. The individual will generate recurring monthly reporting and support various finance projects and analyses. The individual will sometimes be required to explain complex financial subjects to non-financial staff. The projects include, but are not limited to, compilation and reporting of the annual budget, cost benefit analysis, and profitability studies for various business segments. This position requires an accounting or finance degree and strong spreadsheet skills.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Prepare and distribute monthly departmental expense results.
- Research variance questions from department managers.
- Prepare monthly revenue and transaction tracking reporting.
- Assist in compilation and distribution of Monthly Reporting Packages to Sr Leadership
- Assist with business profitability studies.
- Assist with compilation and report preparation of the annual Operating Budget.
- Meet deadlines as set by management.
- Able to successfully balance multiple projects concurrently.
- Perform financial modeling and analysis as required.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Strong skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Knowledge of financial modeling a plus.
- Cognos TM1 reporting experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress