Manager, Corporate Development (Mergers and Acquisitions)
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Just recently, Ascensus was named to the Inc. 5,000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over the last three years!
Due to our successful growth initiatives, we are adding this new position to the M&A team! We are looking for an experienced professional with corporate or business development experience with mergers and acquisitions to work closely with the EVP and VP Corporate Development and M&A. Successful candidate's goal will be to drive the company’s inorganic growth agenda. Involves: managing the deal flows; performing acquisition target research and prioritization; participating in due diligence; creating and maintaining valuation models; and supporting documents and supporting integration, when applicable. Candidate must possess demonstrated business analytics, modeling, strategic thinking, problem solving and executive communications skills across multiple deals and projects.
- Consistently track and procure deal flow, research and identify new opportunities.
- Monitor and track acquisition targets, including creating company profiles and synthesis.
- Work with the VP to execute market reach out strategy and support call outs where applicable.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models which support management decisions to act upon corporate initiatives and acquisition targets.
- Perform forecasting, valuation and scenario analysis.
- Assist in post-close integration, as necessary.
- Play an active role in the post close governance and monitoring of acquisition portfolio
- Support Executive Committee and Board presentations.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2-4 years relevant experience working in M&A, corporate or business development.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an analyst role in investment banking, private equity or corporate development.
- Ability to engage with middle/senior management to understand needs, communicate findings.
- Ability to plan and communicate the strategy and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be accountable for results.
- High proficiency with Microsoft products especially Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines to meet strategic business objectives.
- Capability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Some travel required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress