Section 1: Position Summary
The Conversion Coordinator position is responsible for managing the relationship with the client through the implementation of new products, mergers, terminations, and ongoing communications. This position acts as the liaison to evaluate client needs by developing, recommending and implementing solutions to fit the specialized needs of clients. This position requires IRA knowledge and is primarily responsible for providing operational process support to clients and Ascensus staff. The nature of the support provided is typically on operating procedures and compliance issues as they relate to those procedures.
This position is responsible for escalating any compliance or procedural discrepancies.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- This position requires proficiency in RA, ESA and HSA knowledge and compliance issues and the use of the IRAdirect System. This position requires a basic knowledge of IRA administrative and operational processes. The coordinator is also responsible to promote the expansion of Ascensus products in the marketplace where appropriate.
- Accountable for building and enhancing client relationships as it relates to custom product/service solutions including new sales. Serve as client liaison as well as liaison to third party vendors when appropriate. Assist with product/service development.
- Provide technical and operational assistance to clients by responding to all operational and technical questions related to IRA Administration products and services.
- Coordinate the process for program changes, merging, terminating or implementing product and services for clients while maintaining the appropriate level of task management and documentation.
- Utilize internal systems to monitor and maintain detailed information for project and problem resolution.
- Maintain basic knowledge of all products and services offered throughout Ascensus, and any new products introduced within the market place that would benefit clients. Take advantage of opportunities to identify and cross-sell other Ascensus products.
- Provide comprehensive knowledge related to end-to-end product operational processes involved in all conversion events.
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure customer retention – work with the internal sales staff to consistently identify, meet and exceed customer needs. Provide operational support to bridge the gap throughout the implementation, merger and termination process by providing seamless support to clients as they move through transitional phases. Build and maintain active relationships with our clients.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, review and analyze discrepancies and questionable procedures within the unit and division and escalate for resolution.
- Maintain the integrity of information in all internal/external Standard Operating Procedures and reference guides.
- Recommend continuous improvements to processes identified through daily work with customers, internal operations teams and vendors.
- Identify and respond to client issues in a manner consistent with quality customer service. Recognize and anticipate problems and take appropriate actions, escalate and report as needed.
- Respond to all internal and external communications and log accordingly to ensure quality customer service is provided.
- Demonstrate quality behaviors by maintaining a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Contribute to Overall Success:
- Follow all department procedures meeting assigned service standards.
- Recognize growth opportunities and streamline efficiencies.
- Provide management with feedback/solutions to avoid errors and provide better service.
- Assist manager with product/service development.
- Support development of team by actively participating in team initiatives
- Assist team with special projects and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Attend training and development sessions
- Increase industry knowledge and the relationships and business procedures within Ascensus
- React positively and help implement change
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Associate Degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience with IRA, ESA, and HSA compliance preferred.
- Strong computer efficiency required. Proficiency in MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Proficiency in IRAdirect and the internal event management application preferred
- Previous knowledge of financial services market desirable
- Must possess very strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities and coordinate a changing workload on a daily basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work within deadlines
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Proven ability to use effective listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to work overtime as necessary, including weekend and/or holiday hours for peak season needs
- Must be able to react to change positively and productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Ability to travel
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress