Sr Application Engineer, DevOps
As a Senior Application Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working collaboratively with our high-energy agile software engineering teams to streamline deployment and operation of our systems. This position is responsible for the supporting & building Scalability, Performance & Reliability of the application infrastructure at an Enterprise level. This position ensures a focus on automation, efficiency, and continuous delivery initiatives.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The important ways to spend time in this job are:
- Continuously collaborating with team(s) to evaluate Monitoring and Performance of the environment
- Identify opportunity to automate scripts for software builds and deployments and help streamline the pipeline
- Participate in technology and design discussions
- Influence & research on new tools/ technology solutions/processes to improve SDLC pipeline
- The scope of work includes build, machine configuration, test infrastructure and virtual machine deployment.
- Level-3 support for Production Environment
- Commitment for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
The 2-3 most important duties of this job are:
- Work directly with Lead App Engineer/teams across projects, supporting them by problem-solving and innovating/ building support solution on infrastructure needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments especially Production
Skills/ Experience required to do this job well
- Minimum of 5+ years of Hands-on experience working as a DevOps/Build/Deployment and Engineering & Operations skills
- Hands-on experience in production environments, both deploying and troubleshooting applications in Windows /Linux environment.
- Strong experience automating with scripting languages such as Power Shell, Python and any deployment scripting languages
- Experience with CI/CD deployment supporting Microsoft technologies ( IIS, Team Foundation Server (TFS, VSTS), GIT/ ProGit, Octopus Deploy and TeamCity is preferred)
- Proficient in Configuration Management ( Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Similar)
- Modern Container system experience with Docker or similar would be preferred
- Experience in larger Enterprise suites such as BPM, CRM, Portals, Content Management preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
- Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
- Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
- Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
Ascensus’ engineering team is a dynamic and exciting place to be if Automation and Deployment should be your best friend . We use approaches to software quality like Test-Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, and a healthy addiction to metrics that give us insight into our applications, and how well they’re serving our customers.We believe in the kind of transparency, processes, data sharing, collaboration, and communication that foster a DevOps culture. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress