Marketing Automation Specialist
Section 1: Position Summary
The data automation specialist is responsible for working with our email software, ExactTarget/SalesForce, to create critical, dynamic and data intensive email communications to various recipient audiences and to continue to move our email program forward. The use of advanced analytics, problem-solving, and technical skills will play a critical role in creating sophisticated, highly dynamic emails for our diverse client base. This role is also responsible for continuous research to explore and implement new email concepts and technologies to help our team gain efficiencies, to drive innovation, and to optimize how we meet business objectives.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands sources of data, data extraction methodologies, and functional applications related to data flow.
- Analyzes and interprets complex data and makes recommendations based on findings, including identifying data discrepancies and applying logic to fix data gaps.
- Use ExactTarget/SalesForce software to develop/build automated, responsive communications with data-driven logic based on business strategy and project goals.
- Builds the framework for all aspects of test data, test data generation and automation, data masking, and testing methodology, including:
- Defining the test data requirements
- Validating test data
- Creating a content map that explains how data logic will be applied
- Coding and Scripting
- Assists project teams in defining live data requirements and formatting standards.
- Produces and maintains spreadsheets, reports, process documentation, and dashboards for project scheduling and management.
- Uses collaboration skills and open communication to reach across functional borders.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning & results from data
- Organized, logical, process-oriented, and strategic
- Ability to prioritize to ensure initiatives stay on track
- Ability to learn and work with a mix of technologies
- Mastery of formulas in excel and well–versed in VBS (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Ability to code using HTML, Dreamweaver, CSS, and JAVA
- Comfortable with marketing automation platforms (ExactTarget/Salesforce experience a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Adept at cross-functional team collaboration
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- 5+ year of relevant professional experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress