Sr. QA Analyst
Section 1: Position Summary
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will independently develop, execute, and maintain test scenarios based on requirements to ensure the quality of the system change meets the business and client expectations. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will have experience writing and executing scripts, experience with defect resolution and the ability to work as a productive member of a team. The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will resolve test execution issues for complex projects and be a mentor to the Quality Assurance Analysts.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure initiatives follow agreed upon Ascensus project and Agile procedures.
- Actively participate in scrum ceremonies.
- Work closely with team members, Business, and clients to provide the highest-level quality applications within target dates.
- Effectively mentor Quality Assurance Analysts for large/complex projects which may have more risk and business exposure.
- Prepare and maintain test plans.
- Coordinate Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Translate requirements/user stories into thorough and accurate test scripts or fine tune pre-existing scripts.
- Define test data and participate in the data set-up.
- Utilize designated tool, for defect management; provide feedback of defect to Developer in a complete and timely manner.
- Support Developers to resolve test execution issues.
- Meet or exceed deployment schedules established.
- Be engaged in retrospectives, identifying the successes and challenges encountered and be an advocate for positive change.
- Build and maintain existing regression test suites; review for testability.
- Communicate team issues and obstacles and possible remedies with team members, escalating to team management for resolution when necessary.
- Demonstrate a passion for quality by acting as a vocal advocate in all aspects of quality assurance and control.
- Continuously improve knowledge of systems, products, and industry, along with adaptability to agile practice by reading periodicals, watching videos and attending classes/seminars.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of Ascensus internal processing applications.
- 4+ years testing experience.
- Knowledge of testing best practices and methodologies.
- SQL server – Basic understanding of SQL queries and database schemas.
- Platforms/Operating Systems – Basic understanding of Windows configuration and administration. In addition, must have understanding of operating system fundamentals. Any additional operating systems knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Networking – Basic understanding of network components and infrastructure. Including networking hardware and basic networking theory.
- Hardware – Basic understanding of PC hardware and components. Understanding of hardware component architecture is a plus.
- Experience with security and vulnerability testing is a plus.
- Experience with automated testing and use of automated testing tools is a plus.
- Works independently.
- Teamwork – Experience working within an Agile methodology is a plus.
- Organizational Skills – Ability to meet deadlines, ability to achieve and maintain expected productivity levels.
- Communication Skills – Written and verbal.
- Problem Solving/Analytical Skills.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done.
- Personal Maturity – Understand own strengths and weaknesses, has professional standards with regard to attendance, personal accountability, and integrity.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress