Software Test Engineer - Automation
- Job Description
Section 1: Position Summary
The Software Test Engineer position is a hands-on role that contributes to the success at Ascensus by designing and developing automated tests, scripts and tools to champion the code quality principles for the growing application. This position requires a strong understand cycle with extremely talented engineers and analysts to deliver quality product.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with the team to deliver quality software iteratively
- Develop end-to-end software test frameworks, test suites, and tools to validate product specific features and use cases
- Build and maintain the test automation suite using TestNG, Selenium, Java, SQL, Jenkins, Cucumber
- Incorporate automated tests into our continuous delivery pipeline.
- Perform creative exploratory testing of new features and products.
- Find, isolate, document, regress and track bugs through resolutions
- Should be willing to pick a development task if required by the scrum team
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- BS/ MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Software Engineer, a Software Engineer in Test, Test Automation Engineer or equivalent roles.
- Experience developing test frameworks with open-source automation tools such as Selenium, or Cucumber.
- 3+ years of Selenium experience is REQUIRED
- 3+ years of experience writing automation scripts with Java is REQUIRED
- Strong Expertise in SQL
- Experience with testing API frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile or SCRUM development methodology
- Financial Services Experience preferred
- Experience on Unix/Linux preferred
- Experience in Cloud Based Testing preferred
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress