Position Purpose: Responsible for General Ledger month end close process for core Retirement business and the preparation and reconciliation of balance sheets and income statements in compliance with accounting standards and ensure support for audit purposes. Work with management to support reporting and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead monthly financial close for core Retirement line of business. Ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, perform account fluctuation analyses and investigate account variances.
- Prepare journal entries and assist the other legal entities as needed, analyzing the P&L, preparing financial statements, completing account analysis, investigating variances.
- Prepare analysis of P&L and balance sheet monthly
- Support management in preparation of monthly board reporting requirements
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements including supporting schedules and disclosures
- Support of external audit requirements and maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting and documentation.
- Prepare and maintain narrative documentation over processes, procedures, and controls.
- Ensure appropriate revenue recognition and expense recognition under U.S. GAAP and assist in researching guidance and writing memos to document positions as necessary
- Lead and assist with special projects for management and other financial functions within the department as required.
- Work with business leaders to properly track revenue and expenses.
- Work with other department to ensure efficient and effective financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience performing similar responsibilities required.
- Public accounting background preferred
- Financial services industry experience a plus.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes.
- Highly analytical and detail oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other functional areas to achieve overall organizational objectives.
- Experience with General Ledger systems required, Lawson experience highly desired.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Independent self-starter.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress