Call Center Manager
Ascensus, the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Client Service Manager professional to manage a new retirement program. A Successful candidate will be part of an amazing organization backed by more than 30 years of experience in the industry that helps over 7 million Americans save for their future.
This position is responsible for development, oversight, and execution of a State Sponsored Retirement Program focusing on Call Center and Back Office functions. Within this role, the Manager will lead Call Center associates and training/quality assurance associates by demonstrating a strong balance of retirement industry knowledge and leadership techniques. The Manager will emphasize continual training, growth, and the highest level of client service skills within the team. Demonstrated technical aptitude is essential in this role; as the leader must be able to understand staffing models, align resources during peak volume season and unexpected changes in the workflow or vendor confidence. Additionally, a solid understanding of software applications used to support a transfer agency is critical to participating in the strategic direction of these teams and collaboration with peers. The ability to be flexible and agile in thinking and acting is critical to achieving quality and timeliness in service levels mandated by partners and clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, track and monitor key performance metrics
- Provide ownership for the resolution of issues escalated by clients and partners
- Ensure timeliness and quality service levels are achieved
- Oversee the a diverse range of transactions provided by Call Center and Back Office
- Provide daily feedback and coach direct reports in leadership and running the daily business (internal policies, procedures)
- Manage responses to volumes, workflow and resource allocation
- Oversee the Call Center and Back Office operations to ensure that service levels are met by administering the appropriate staffing levels, call quality is monitored and results shared with associates for ongoing coaching and adjustments in up-training as needed.
- Communicate with key business partners on client needs and issues
- Ensure compliance with all organizational regulations and initiatives
- Identify and support training initiatives that enhance performance across teams in line with overall business goals and objectives
- Provide mentoring to leadership in all facets of the client service roles with a focus on leadership development
- Partner with Director of Client Services and peers in creating and managing a strategic plan for all areas of the operation; recommend proactive improvements with a budget conscious viewpoint
- Facilitate and participate in calls with partners as needed; develop and maintain internal and external relationships across the organization.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in the financial industry with experience in supervising call centers and/or transfer agency staff
- Requirement to obtain necessary financial series supervisory licenses if not already held, within 6 months of hire.
- FINRA 6 or 7
- Flexibility throughout the year with a focus on peak seasons
- Prior project management and/or process improvement experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills are critical for success in this role
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Knowledge of retirement plans, specifically Roth IRA’s
- Some travel required
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress