Retirement Specialist (entry-level - Customer service/Administrative)
Section 1: Position Summary
If you enjoy a fast-paced, innovative work environment and have a friendly, positive attitude, you will fit right in with our culture. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with a nationally recognized innovator.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Word process, proof and finalize client packages and letters as assigned. Prepare and review packages for mailing and filing.
- Assist with client calls, emails and requests. Respond or redirect as appropriate.
- Maintain databases by entering timely and accurate updates into the appropriate systems. Monitor Database change system on a daily basis to ensure all changes are managed effectively. Perform audits of existing client information; research and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist in the collection of client supplied information that is necessary to administer the retirement plan. Ensure that client supplied data is reviewed, properly logged and filed as required. Enter appropriate Workflow updates to ensure client work is performed timely.
- Track status of client work and follow up as needed to move projects forward timely.
- Assist Client Relationship Consultants in managing the flow of work for each plan by facilitating weekly touch-base meetings.
- Schedule and assist with preparation of client visits including coordination of client’s requested agenda items. Contact client after a meeting to determine if they have follow-up questions for Client Relationship Consultant.
- Track client documents to ensure client records are complete and up to date.
- Assist in keeping client files organized by ensuring protocols are followed in the client directory and documents are stored per procedure.
- Back-up other Concierge Specialists and other departments as requested.
- Proactively participate in process improvement and innovation of current systems
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with client mailings.
- Assist in the coordination/planning of special events (i.e., Client Workshops)
- Other duties as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Must have experience in a professional environment
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in reviewing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also work independently as appropriate.
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- Comfortable working in a numbers environment.
- ****** Must have at least 3 years of prior professional services administrative experience (e.g., working directly with clients and interaction via telephone, organizing calendars, typing, electronic filing)
- Working in fast-paced, evolving office environment
- Comfortable working in a number environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress