Pension Administrative Consultant
Section 1: Position Summary
Provide advanced consulting services and annual administration for a large caseload of Qualified Retirement Plans ensuring excellent client service and profitable results.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of plan administration for all types of plans including, but not limited to, review of plan documents, setting up new plans, and providing client guidance for purposes of suggesting enhanced / redesigned plan design to meet clients’ needs and client retention.
- Manage all aspects of administration for assigned caseload, including maintaining accurate aging reports.
- Evaluate takeover plans, identify compliance issues, and coordinate transition of data and communicate effectively with client.
- Coordinate DOL, IRS and Accountant Audits.
- Assist in researching and resolving technical issues for team members.
- With Pension Manager, ensure effective training is provided to assist in developing Administrators’ knowledge and skills, monitor workflow, review quality control and problem resolution for Administrators.
- Assist Administrators in developing in developing basic-to-advanced consulting skills including compliance issues, plan design alternatives, fiduciary responsibilities and billing questions.
- Provide leadership and encouragement to Administrators.
- Inform Pension Manager of team’s workflow status on a regular basis.
- Analyze and input complex plan client data including ongoing evaluation of efficiency of data collection methods.
- Support change, company policies and procedures in a positive and motivational manner.
- Focus on goals to meet standard turnaround times and achieve profitability.
- Help team members assist clients in establishing policies and procedures related to communicating retirement benefits to their employees.
- Regularly review internal policies and procedures for possible updates / changes.
- Meet / exceed all quality, productivity and turnaround goals.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Competence in all areas of Defined Contribution, 401(k) and/or Defined Benefit Administration commensurate with an Administrator II or Senior level.
- Knowledge of IRS corrective procedures, deadlines and related penalties.
- Understanding of methods for researching DOL, IRS and other related regulations and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of a plan’s administrative cycle, including IRS and DOL filing requirements and deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of the current laws and regulations governing Defined Contribution Plans and/or Defined Benefit Plans.
- Thorough understanding of policies and procedures required for timely and compliant plan administration.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and orally, with a wide range of external and internal contacts in a professional manner.
- Ability to encourage and mentor Administrators in a positive manner to achieve enhanced performance.
- Ability to be direct, yet sensitive.
- Maintain positive attitude when addressing questions and problems with clients and Administrators.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and demanding clients while remaining calm.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities consistent with Service Standards.
- Adjust priorities with changes in the annual business cycle of pension administration.
- Ability to promote a positive and professional working environment.
- Offer creative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Ability to problem solve client issues.
- Analytical and critical-thinking skills.
- Detail orientation.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Good judgment and decision-making.
- Software Skills: MS Office 2016: Excel, Word, Outlook, ASC
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress