Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Section 1: Position Summary
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for day-to-day operations of the core platform environment, maintaining a disciplined and stable environment. The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is also responsible for insuring scalability, performance and availability of the infrastructure. This position provides technical leadership to the Infrastructure Engineering team and provides the highest level of support for issues in the production and development environments. This position also evaluates alternative solutions, provides recommendations and identifies risk.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Serve as a technical contact for business owners of supported applications as well as liaison between other IT teams.
- Serve as the highest level of support for identified issues with Windows systems
- Enhance system performance through implementation of third party solutions and performance tuning of the environment
- Implement Group Policy in Active Directory to secure and enhance the enterprise
- Implement policy or tools that provide assistance to internal security teams
- Responsible for supporting applications and hardware in Secure Imaging Centers
- Review and optimize overall hardware configurations, and develop plans to integrate new hardware and software components
- Coordinate and perform application and system updates during non-business hours
- Participation in and planning of Disaster Recovery exercises
- Assist in process definition, documentation and continuous improvement in best practices
- Responsible for SOC1/2 audit requests for Windows systems
- Assist with other projects and tasks that achieve the goals of scalability, performance and stability.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Strong knowledge of the hardware and software environment, including Windows Server 2008/2012-based environment
- Understanding of networking, load balancing, clustering and HA
- Excellent consultative, verbal/written communication skills, analytical ability
- Excels in a results focused organization
- Possesses an innovative and change-orientated personality that isn’t afraid to proceed where it was deemed difficult or off limits.
- Problem solving, initiative, judgment.
Preferred technology skills:
- Large enterprise environment
- Active Directory with specific focus on Group Policy
- Experience across many platforms, including:
- MS SQL Server database (2012 minimum)
- Active Directory
- Kofax Capture
- Fiserv Frontier
- Oracle EPM reporting
- IIS web support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in IT, including 2+ years developing cloud strategies
- Excellent organizational skills, proven analytical abilities and decision making skills
- Ability to participate in scheduled non-business hour implementation and maintenance activities
- Ability to lead technology based projects across diverse teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress