Retirement Service Consultant
This position is responsible for providing client service to our partners, intermediaries and plan sponsors. The Retirement Services Consultant will develop and maintain a detailed understanding of retirement plans and Ascensus products and services with the goal of helping our clients manage their retirement plans appropriately. The Retirement Service Consultant works with the Relationship Manager to deliver client satisfaction by providing retirement plan and operational expertise, proactively identifying, owning and resolving client issues and engaging clients with value added consulting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
•Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
•The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
•Maintain and continue to grow detailed knowledge and understanding of retirement plan rules and Ascensus business and product offerings
•Consistently provide a high level of consultative proactive client service in a professional manner.
•Develop effective working relationships with team and internal departments in order to provide effective service for our clients. Successfully identify record and monitor assigned items; includes determining required action for resolution of client issues.
•Ensure inquires and issues are resolved and service levels are met.
•Provide thorough, high quality research, problem solving and issue resolution
•Provide clients and advisors clear and concise communication regarding services, execution and resolution throughout the service cycle.
•Participates in creating a strategy with Relationship manger to ensure client retention.
•Identify, document and address risks through superior client service. Communicate with team in order to keep all informed and support current client strategy.
•Assist in the management of vendor relationships on behalf of clients and partner.
•Deliver client retention by anticipating client’s needs, recommending changes or actions, in conjunction with the Relationship manager.
•Achieve individual and team goals for service levels, growth and retention for assigned book of business.
•Identify and document systematically “opportunity plans” working with Relationship Manager on a strategy to mitigate risk.
•Achieve individual and team goals, for service levels, growth and retention risks through servicing your clients.
•Proactively communicate with the client and partners regarding all components of service delivery. Solicit and share feedback with appropriate internal resources in order to improve the client experience.
•Prioritize activities and manage time to effectively and efficiently provide quality client service to our partners and clients.
•Ensure that our commitments to our clients are met by proactively reviewing the status of assigned plans’ periodic activity (compliance testing, 5500, quarterly statements, RMDs, etc.).
•Assess client objectives, needs and behaviors to suggest plan, product or functionality changes to improve results for our clients.
•Educate client regarding plan features, product capabilities or Ascensus functionality and process.
•Develop ideas for improvement and provide feedback/solutions to plan sponsor and financial professional to minimize risk and improve process.
•Act in the role as the subject matter expert on specific topics for initiatives with responsibility for training and assisting others across departments in area of expertise.
•Provide training to members of team as opportunities arise.
•Perform other duties and participate in or lead special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum 3 years direct client experience and Retirement Services industry experience or thorough knowledge preferred
· Certification or working towards certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) in industry-related studies program preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization, as well as with our client base.
· Excellent presentation skills, business etiquette, client service skills and time management.
· Demonstrated professionalism in all aspects of the role.
· Experience with financial services systems (i.e. recordkeeping, trust, trading); and experience with plan recordkeeping and trust reconciliation.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel required, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
· Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
· Knowledge of retirement plans, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually designed and prototype).
· Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional client service.
· Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment.
· Ability to make sound business judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liabilities for the company.
· Ability to work extended hours to meet business needs as required.
· Quality focus with attention to detail.
· Handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress