Manager, Learning & Development
Section 1: Position Summary
This position is responsible for managing a team to develop and implement learning programs that are aligned with the organizational goals and increase performance and capabilities. Working with and through subordinate Learning & Development staff members, this position will determine learning needs in consultation with internal clients, identify optimal training delivery approaches, and assess the effectiveness of training programs and modify accordingly. Assist with shaping and advancement of learning and development strategy.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with a team of direct reports to design innovative and engaging learning programs that can be delivered utilizing a variety of learning solutions.
- Identify and assess future and current organizational learning needs by building partnerships and gathering input from key organizational stakeholders.
- Determine training resources needed, assign team members projects to utilize strengths, and balance team workload.
- Evaluate existing learning solutions for efficiency, effectiveness, and/or for potential leverage and broader usage.
- Identify and implement program improvements, tools and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
- Provide subordinates with feedback on performance and coach to support high performance.
- Manage resources to execute within budget and support the annual budgeting process.
- Assess and define parameters for delivering and measuring learning; continually review opportunities for improvement and establish metrics for success.
- Stay abreast of new trends and tools in learning and development.
- Evaluate and manage external vendors as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Supervise a staff of Learning Specialists, Sr. Learning Specialists, Facilitators, and other L&D positions as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of progressive, relevant work experience in learning & development, which includes experience designing and delivering high impact learning solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience managing people and managing the design and implementation of training programs.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing technology based learning.
- Experience creating innovative and scalable on-boarding experiences.
- Excellent training facilitation skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and accommodate deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking with ability to translate abstract ideas into tactical concepts and effectively implement them.
- Proficiency in using Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Industry experience preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress