Manager, Learning & Development
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Ascensus was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over the last three years! To ensure our continued success, we have a NEW position for professional that has the right balance of progressive L&D experience in designing and executing high impact learning solutions with the right amount of leadership experience to lead a tenured team.
Role Overview: managing a team (Learning Specialists & Facilitators) to develop and implement learning programs that are aligned with the organizational goals and increase performance and capabilities; working with and through subordinate Learning & Development staff members, this position will determine learning needs in consultation with internal clients, identify optimal training delivery approaches, and assess the effectiveness of training programs and modify accordingly; and assisting with shaping and advancement of learning and development strategy.
- Work with a team of direct reports to design innovative and engaging learning programs that can be delivered utilizing a variety of learning solutions.
- Identify and assess future and current organizational learning needs by building partnerships and gathering input from key organizational stakeholders.
- Determine training resources needed, assign team members projects to utilize strengths, and balance team workload.
- Evaluate existing learning solutions for efficiency, effectiveness, and/or for potential leverage and broader usage.
- Identify and implement program improvements, tools and technology to enhance processes for learning execution.
- Provide subordinates with feedback on performance and coach to support high performance.
- Manage resources to execute within budget and support the annual budgeting process.
- Assess and define parameters for delivering and measuring learning; continually review opportunities for improvement and establish metrics for success.
- Stay abreast of new trends and tools in learning and development.
- Evaluate and manage external vendors as needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years of progressive, relevant work experience in learning & development, which includes experience designing and delivering high impact learning solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience managing people and managing the design and implementation of training programs.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing technology based learning.
- Experience creating innovative and scalable on-boarding experiences.
- Excellent training facilitation skills.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and accommodate deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strategic and creative thinking with ability to translate abstract ideas into tactical concepts and effectively implement them.
- Proficiency in using Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Industry experience preferred.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress