Operations Associate II
Section 1: Position Summary
Retirement Operations are responsible for the back office transaction processing for plans including enrollment processing, payroll processing and distribution processing. These teams work closely with internal and external clients to ensure that transactions are processed in a timely manner and exceptions are resolved as quickly as possible.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Resolve internal and external client issues by responding to all correspondence within communicated and departmental standard timeframes.
- Collaborate with team members to continuously improve processes and how to meet team goals and objectives.
- Improve operation of unit by reviewing processes and making recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Assist internal clients with service or processing issues by providing professionalism and accuracy within a designated time frame of receiving a request.
- Meet expectations of job by attendance, punctuality as indicated in the employee policy handbook.
- Provide management reporting as required by partner.
- Achieve service level goals identified by each financial partner.
- Participate in audit activities and cyclical events as required by partner.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Communication Skills - Communication is primarily with peers and supervisor on specific assigned tasks. Demonstrates ability to clearly articulate and document action taken or action necessary
- Technical Knowledge - No to minimal ERISA knowledge or job specific technical knowledge required. Basic understanding of assigned tasks underpinning Operational function
- Problem Solving- Effectively solves problems with direction to do so utilizing resources/procedures for a specific process, with a defined resolution.
- Detail Oriented vs. Big Picture- Generally focuses on details of a specific task related to a process. Focus is entirely task based vs. conceptual
- Conflict Resolution - Identifies and escalates conflict so that it can be addressed by senior associates and/or leadership
- Training/Mentoring - New associate that requires training in business function
- Risk Taking/Decision Making - Makes decisions on a participant or plan level transaction based on precedent (assistance may be required)
- Planning/Organizing - Generally plans for current day in order to meet task specific objectives as defined. Generally planning for self only. May require some assistance with department specific task organization
- Time Management/Prioritization - Works best with a pre-defined schedule or set of existing priorities. Needs assistance dealing with conflicting priorities. Responsibility to manage own tasks.
- Work Style - Requires regular direction. Once direction received, is able to effectively complete tasks and report results
- Initiative/Work Ethic - Completes daily work as assigned. Will seek out opportunities to assist peers with daily volumes. Will take on additional departmental responsibilities when assigned
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress