Call Center Representative
Position Purpose: Accountable for providing high quality service to 529 plan advisors and investors via phone. Following procedures, this position provides client service to our 529 plans by handling requests from financial advisors, broker/dealers, and account owners seeking information or executing requests on specific accounts, product or plan information, and policies and procedures. Responsible for researching and resolving complex issues in a timely manner to completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Training / Job Knowledge
a. Complete core corporate training and develop solid knowledge of systems.
b. Self-motivation to consistently improve job knowledge to advance service capabilities.
c. Stay up-to-date on 529 and financial services industry knowledge in support of clients.
a. Meet and/or exceed department standards for productivity and quality; phones and processing.
- Maintain phone availability to callers of 85% daily.
- Maintain call quality of 3 or better (5 point rating scale) in providing service to callers.
- Process financial and non-financial transactions accurately.
- Meet or exceed contractual Service Level Agreements as department in answering calls.
b. Demonstrate flexibility and team-oriented attitude in support of advisor plan business.
- Work overtime as needed during peak volume seasons.
a. Provide exceptional client service skills to advisor-sold plan clients.
b. Demonstrate strong problem resolution skills.
c. Solid organizational and communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
a. Demonstrate focus in improving workflows, policies, and procedures.
b. Log and track calls/requests to communicate business trends in servicing clients.
c. Address opportunities to maintain and improve business relationships with clients.
a. Be a proactive and willing participant in projects aimed at business development.
• Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Responsible for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred experience of 1 year of experience in financial service, client or customer service in a professional work environment.
Series 6 or 7 license preferred.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress