ERISA Attorney (Retirement industry/401K)
Primary responsibilities include providing consulting services to Ascensus clients through Ascensus’ technical access service, providing in-house consulting, conducting seminars, technical research, analysis and special projects as assigned. This role is working with Qualified Retirement plans and/or IRA's
- Research, analyze and interpret legislative, regulatory and ancillary guidance; draft comprehensive findings.
- Draft formal responses to legal or governmental agencies.
- Provide qualified retirement plan and/or IRA technical helpdesk support to internal and external clients.
- Work with corporate legal counsel regarding agreements and other legal work as necessary.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Any of the following responsibilities may be assigned based on individual skill set:
- Review, analyze or draft retirement documents and related notices and forms.
- Draft and conduct training to internal or external clients.
- Draft content for internal or external technical announcements or publications.
- JD from an accredited law school. Active license in at least one jurisdiction.
- 3 years of experience in a related field.
- Special consideration given to LLM
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress