Section 1: Position Summary
This position is responsible for indexing incoming client faxes within CLIFF/Document Manager, processing internal and external error queues, complete manual tax form requests, processing incoming mail and operational tasks to support area needs.
This position requires an entry level of IRA, ESA and HSA knowledge and is responsible for providing operational process support. It is also responsible for escalating any compliance or procedural discrepancies.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- This position requires an entry level of IRA, ESA, and HSA knowledge and is primarily responsible for providing operational process support to clients and Ascensus staff.
- Enter and processes forms faxed from clients into the CLIFF/Document Management system by following guidelines established within standard operating procedures.
- Review client forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Generate communication to external and internal clients to gather all required information to complete form entry.
- Manage deadlines - work within allotted timeframes.
- Demonstrate ability to identify, review and analyze discrepancies and questionable procedures within the unit and division and escalate for resolution.
- Provide accurate and efficient support for unit, as needed by maintaining files and assisting with mass mailings.
- Assist team members in meeting unit goals.
- Support team with adhering to expected service levels.
- Resolve questionable entries by escalating and consulting with necessary resources (co-workers, clients, management, manuals, and instructions),
- Prepare accurate IRS Forms 1099-R, 1099-SA, 1099-Q, 5498, 5498-SA, and 5498-ESA statements within time limits as needed by entering and processing data using the 1099-ETC program.
- Log all correspondence (calls, e-mails, faxes, letters, etc.) by recording data in IRAdirect or CLIFF/Document Manager.
- Maintain the integrity of information in all internal/external Standard Operating Procedures and reference guides.
- Recommend continuous improvements to processes identified through daily work with customers, internal operations teams and vendors.
- Identify and respond to client issues in a manner consistent with quality customer service. Recognize and anticipate problems and take appropriate actions, escalate and report as needed.
- Respond to all internal and external communications and log accordingly to ensure quality customer service is provided.
- Demonstrate quality behaviors by maintaining a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Contribute to Overall Success:
- Follow all department procedures meeting assigned service standards.
- Recognize growth opportunities and streamline efficiencies.
- Provide management with feedback/solutions to avoid errors and provide better service.
- Assist manager with product/service development.
- Support development of team by actively participating in team initiatives
- Assist team with special projects and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Attend training and development sessions
- Increase industry knowledge and the relationships and business procedures within Ascensus
- React positively and help implement change
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with compliance preferred.
- Minimal of 1 year general office experience.
- Strong computer efficiency required. Proficiency in MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Must possess very strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task with competing priorities and coordinate a changing workload on a daily basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work within deadlines.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary, including weekend and/or holiday hours for peak season needs.
- Must be able to react to change positively and productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress