Senior Application Engineer
Section 1: Position Summary
As a Senior Application Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working collaboratively with our high-energy Agile software engineering teams to streamline deployment and operation of our systems. This position is responsible for the supporting & building Scalability, Performance & Reliability of the application infrastructure at an Enterprise level. This position ensures a focus on automation, efficiency, and continuous delivery initiatives.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- ontinuously collaborating with team(s) to evaluate Monitoring and Performance of the environment
- Identify opportunity to automate scripts for software builds and deployments and help streamline the pipeline
- Participate in technology and design discussions
- Influence & research on new tools/ technology solutions/processes to improve SDLC pipeline
- The scope of work includes build, machine configuration, test infrastructure and virtual machine deployment.
- Level-3 support for Production Environment
- Commitment for protecting and securing all client data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access to and/or improper transmission of information that could result in harm to a client.
- Work directly with Lead App Engineer/teams across projects, supporting them by problem-solving and innovating/ building support solution on infrastructure needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments especially Production
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum of 5+ years of Hands-on experience working as a DevOps/Build/Deployment and Engineering & Operations skills
- Hands-on experience in production environments, both deploying and troubleshooting applications in Windows /Linux environment.
- Strong experience automating with scripting languages such as Power Shell, Python and any deployment scripting languages
- Experience with CI/CD deployment supporting Microsoft technologies ( IIS, Team Foundation Server (TFS, VSTS), GIT/ ProGit, Octopus Deploy and TeamCity is preferred)
- Proficient in Configuration Management ( Puppet, Ansible, Chef or Similar)
- Modern Container system experience with Docker or similar would be preferred
- Experience in larger Enterprise suites such as BPM, CRM, Portals, Content Management preferred
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- ust possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
- Must possess strong analytical and technical documentation skills
- Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
- Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
- Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress