Regional Sales Rep
To assist in overall revenue generation and relationship management of clients by efficiently making outgoing sales calls to the prospect and client base and handling incoming leads
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with assigned Regional Director to achieve annual sales goals and objectives
- Actively involved with working with clients assigned within assigned geographical territory to generate sales through strong call activity, product demos, and periodic face-to-face presentations.
- Requires up to 25% travel.
- Handle incoming calls and orders for all RPS products and services.
- Document all activity for inbound and outbound calls accurately.
- Build essential relationships with larger client base and provide excellent customer service response.
- Making assigned calls in prescribed time.
- Respond to client inquiries in an urgent matter.
- Initiate and follow-up with customers to sell or resolve problems, answer questions, provide correspondence as needed.
- Consultative selling approach
- Use fact-finding scripts when to effectively prospect for new business.
- Generate sales by maximizing call activity and continuously growing and developing product and market knowledge.
- Attend training sessions, meetings, and industry conferences.
- Read and file all product information in a timely manner.
- Read and evaluate market information to include annual reports, news articles, market publications, etc.
- Pursue information about competition and utilize in the sales process.
- Have a continued awareness of our market and participate in marketing discussions, as requested
- Develop full potential of each account.
- Leverage association and league relationships to generate sales leads through conferences and marketing efforts.
- Work as a team with all members of Ascensus sales organization.
- Contribute to team management by utilizing a strong work ethic and team communication.
- Update database, fact find and document client information
- Efficiently use all systems (AS400, CRM, IRADirect, Web-Ex, Excel, Word, Internet, etc.) and procedures to document workflow and progress.
- Clearly complete account documentation as requested and efficiently fulfills account correspondence as needed.
- Fulfill sales process as defined – prospecting, interviewing, presenting, proposing, contract, and sale.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- Sales Experience
- Computer knowledge required.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be goal driven and career minded.
- Knowledge of the financial industry and retirement plans desired.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress