Senior Software Engineer
Looking for a highly self-motivated Software Engineer for developing Java based applications in a financial domain. The position involves design, development and maintenance of 529 applications. The ideal candidate must have solid understanding of Java and Oracle. The candidate must have proven communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This is a key position within the Ascensus College Savings technology organization.
• Design, Develop and maintain 529 Back office functionalities.
• Work with business analysis team to understand the requirement.
• Work on existing framework with Java, Oracle and XML.
• Work with QA to fix any bugs in the system.
• Proactively monitor and fix any exceptions in the current platform.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
• 5+ years of Development using Java and SQL.
• Experience in J2EE web development will be a plus.
• Good OOA/OOD skills.
• Through understanding of Design Patterns and applying them to Object-Oriented Development.
• Hands-on experience with Java, Oracle and XML.
• Hands-on experience in web services
• Financial Services experience is preferred.
• Experience with Unix or Linux environment is preferred.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress