Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer at Ascensus, you will enable data-driven decision making by collecting, transforming and visualizing the data. You will design, build, maintain and troubleshoot data processing systems with emphasis on security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency. You will be part of the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain data structures and data processing systems (tools, infrastructure, frameworks, services).
- Assist with EIM project definition and planning.
- Implement and troubleshoot deployments.
- Data Modeling
- Create conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Create Entity Relationship diagrams and Dimensional models.
- Data Integration
- Design and build data ingestion tools, metrics, alerts and notifications, metadata management.
- Design and build data replication services and Change Data Capture (CDC) processes to incrementally update data in the data warehouse / data marts from Ascensus systems of record.
- ETL development
- Contribute to standards and best practices for implementing ETL tools in support of the EIM vision and reference architecture.
- Build and maintain ETL solutions and platform.
- Participate in creating long term ETL application support model.
- Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Develop technical standards and specifications addressing performance, security and orchestration of ETL and data warehouse / mart management.
- Organize metadata and define processes for loading data into and extracting data from the warehouse / marts.
- Information Security
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Required skills and experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data/software development, including data warehousing and ETL tools, techniques and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening. Asking appropriate questions, clarifying information and writing clear, concise documents.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Very good understanding of data modeling techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing and ETL design/tools.
- Strong expertise in C# or other data related programming languages.
- Excellent SSIS skills.
- Extensive SQL Server experience and skills.
- Good experience with relational databases like Sybase ASE, Oracle, MySQL.
- Good knowledge of SSAS.
- Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience with data modeling using IDERA’s Embarcadero ER/Studio Data Architect.
- Experience with PowerBI, Cognos Analytics and Cognos Framework Manager a plus.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress